There are some people I know that live for their Winter and Alpine climbing. Cragging or sport climbing in the summer just doesn’t get their juices flowing in the same way. So if you're around the South West this weekend I am doing a lecture and Masterclass in association with Petzl/Charlet Mozer.
Andy Kirtpatrick will also be giving one of his “Hilarious” lectures on Friday night, so if the rain is too much and you want some entertainment, you’re more than welcome to come along.
Hard Rock Festival - August 13th - 16th - In Aid of Mountain Rescue
The Mill Adventure Centre - Devon
* Climbing, Outdoor Sports, Films, Lectures, Live Music and Much much more for 2009.
* Tim Emmett and Andy Kirk Patrick in attendance.
* Sponsorship already from DMM, Lost Arrow, Petzl and Beal, Chunki Monkey, Gibbon Slacklines and World Inspired Tents, .
* The dry tooling will be returning with another awesome competition route.Plus we now have the UK premier of FigFours from Alpkit
* Films are already pouring through our letter box for the film fest, and there are some really good ones.
* Scaramoose and Simon Anning are booked again to play on the Saturday night in the music Teepee. News of more acts to follow.
* Dont forget you can bring your tent and camp for the weekend, Hire a giant Teepee for your group to stay in or rent a bed in the bunkhouse.
Thursday Night: Andy Kirkpatrick Lecture
Friday Day: Kids Competitions, films
Friday Night: Tim Emmett Lecture and Live Music
Saturday Day: Adult Competitions (boulder, lead, speed, dyno and dry tooling), Tim Emmett Masterclass, Films.
Satruday Night: !!!AFTER PARTY!! (With live Music)
Sunday Day: Chill out, try the comp routes, check out the trade stands PLUS The UK Premier of ALPKITS FigFours.
For more information and Tickets please check out http://www.rockandrapid.co.uk or call us on 0333 600 6001
Please come and support Mountain Rescue