As more people travel to the Himalaya it is easy to forget what challenging and historic mountains are to be found within easy reach of central Europe. The ascent of the alpine 4000m peaks has long provided a target for the energetic and adventurous. This new edition of Richard Goedeke's classic guide gives all the key information.
- Updated to include the recently reclassified summits and tops
- 91 peaks described from the main ranges of the Alps
- For the main routes of ascent the guide gives full details of cableways and mountain railways to ensure rapid access. Alternative routes and strategies are also suggested for those seeking a different approach.
- Pleasures and dangers are fully addressed for each of the peaks.
- Pocket sized for practical use in the mountains.