This the ultralight version of the DownMat sporting identically high R-Values. Yet weight and packed size are in a league of their own. Inflation is fast and easy with the Schnozzel Pumpbag that doubles as a waterproof compression bag.
The goose down filling reduces heatloss dramatically. And the thick air cushioning combined with the lightweight polyester fabric is super comfortable and balances out any unevenness of the ground. As down is the most compressible filling with the highest loft properties it creates a phenomenally warm and compact mat.
- Two flat valves, one for inflation and the other for deflation allow for quick and easy handling. Their flat design and positioning away from the matís edge offers protection and enhance durability.
- Internal barriers at both top and foot end prevent down shift between the baffles.
- The matís fabric is a laminate of ultralight polyester and an absolutely airtight and moisture resistant TPU film. The upper face has a honeycomb structure with slip resistant properties that still allows for easy movement with a sleeping bag. Seams are high frequency welded for durability. Note that this fabric is not a puncture resistant as the one used on the standard versions of the mat and carries a 2 year warranty opposed to the 5 year warranty.
- Lightweight and warm: The DownMat UL 7 M for example has an R-Value of 5.9. A regular selfinflating 2.5 cm mat an R-Value of 2.5! Research by EMPA, the Swiss Federal Laboratory for Material Testing has shown that 3 x more heat is lost to the ground than the air. This means that a warm mat is more crucial than a warmer sleeping bag. Expeditionists have often told us that a DownMat saves them 20% in sleeping bag weight.
- The IDFL certified down is treated and moisture proof. The down does not originate from live pluck nor goose liver production.
Temperature:† -25 įC
- Length:†183 cm
Weight (Mat): 630 g
Web Price From: £157.49