The newly formed UK Adventure Racing website is now able to offer membership via its online portal. The Club has been set up to act as an official body for the UK's Adventure Racing community.
As set out in the UK AR Club Constitution the purpose of the club is:
- To further the aims of UK Adventure racers and develop the sport of AR
- To develop good practices within the sport of AR
- To develop excellence within teams and individuals
- To promote AR appropriately Benefits and Activities of UKAR Club:
Benefits and Activities of UKAR Club:
- To advise and help administer the UK AR Ranking system
- To advise and help administer the draft UK AR (BRIT) Championships
- To be responsible for the AR Awards and any ceremony (from 2013)
- To develop networks for training - both hard-skills and informal social / training days
- To recognise, support and develop local / regional clubs / teams
- To offer the UK Adventure Racers a collective voice
- To support all UK racer providers in helping them deliver quality races in a united calendar.
- To develop further benefits as agreed by the club in due course.
If you're interested in or are already involved in adventure racing in the UK then you can become a member for £10 a year.
Check out the UKAR website for more information>>>
There are currently no comments on this article.