Marmot Winter 2008 - 2009 Range Preview
This outdoor press release by Marmot is part of planetFear's new product preview series
Marmot’s Fall 08 collection introduces our most highly focussed range of mountain inspired Gore-Tex® shells, clearly demonstrating both our authentic heritage and strengthened partnership with W.L.Gore.
Gore-Tex® Pro and Performance Shell fabrics are utilised throughout men’s and women’s styles, and all offer the high quality technology, innovations, features and attention to detail that Marmot is renowned for.
End user driven performance and versatility is paramount: weather protection, breathability and abrasion resistance varies between each style, but whatever outdoor activity you have planned, we have the right shell for your needs – everytime.
In design, we continue to push forward following an ethos of “clean, modern, and functional“. Technical performance features can also be matched to beautiful colours, cool cuts or interesting stitching so whatever their intended use, all our products look good too, giving our products much broader appeal.
A core design principle is also to create highly functional, technical products produced from more sustainable eco-friendly processes. Function comes first, but Upcycle® materials made from Cocona®, wool, recycled polyester etc. make it possible to deliver as good or better performance than previously AND be more earth friendly.
Our cooperation with Malden has resulted in the launching of exclusive new technologies in the base layer, softshell and fleece categories culminating in the new Polartec® Hardface technology.
Winter 2008 - 2009 Category Highlights
• Shells: 15 new all-mountain jackets, including cross-category shells for wintersports using market leading
• Soft Shells: 2 new UpCycled™ shells & 10 new or updated styles using the latest in softshell fabrications
• Insulated: New ultra-light down for men and fashion synthetics for women
• Fleece: Introducing Polartec® Powerstretch® Hardface technology - a Marmot exclusive - , providing more abrasion
resistance and enhanced water repellancy without affecting breathability.
• Wool: An entirely new category offering exquisitely styled sweaters for men and women in boiled and recycled wool
• Baselayer: Marmot’s Cocona® program - now expanded to include a wool blend option
• Snowsports: A new and improved “Marmot appropriate” collection – unveiling 2 new Gore-Tex® shells and 4 new
component jackets for men; 2 new Gore-Tex® shells and 2 new component jackets for women
• Gloves: A completely revised line with 44 new or updated styles
• Kids: 13 new styles in outerwear, base-layer and accessories.
There are currently no comments on this article.